Making a Complaint

It is very important to us that we meet your needs and expectations. Delivering excellent patient care is at the heart of what we do.

If you are unhappy with your experience for any reason, you can raise a concern, or make a complaint.

There are different ways of doing this which depend on issues such as whether your care was provided under the NHS or Privately.

If you have a complaint about one of our practices, we ask that it is brought to the attention of the practice manager in the first instance, who can promptly address your needs.

Here are some suggestions as to how we can help resolve the problem:

1. If the issue is not resolved in practice please contact our Complaints Manager, Karen Haresnape at

Postal address:

Riverdale Healthcare Ltd
13 Roseberry Court,
Ellerbeck Way,

2. If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges, it will normally be referred to the dentist for their comments, and perhaps individual, responses.

3. We will acknowledge any complaint within three working days of receipt of the complaint, either verbally, or in writing. With our patient’s agreement, we will seek to investigate the complaint and aim to provide a response within 20 working days of the complaint being received.

4. In some cases, it is not possible to provide a response within 10 working days, as it may be necessary to fully investigate all aspects of the complaint and obtain comments from the dentists and/or other professionals involved in the treatment or care. If it is not possible to provide a response within 20 working days, we will inform the patient, in a timely manner, of any unavoidable delays.

5. If complaining on behalf of someone, please note that we will need their written express consent to share their confidential information.

If after speaking to the practice team, you would like to further discuss any issues, your options to complain are as follows: 

If your complaint is in relation to NHS Treatment that you have received, then please contact:

NHS Commissioning Board:

PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

Tel : 0300 3112233

If your complaint relates to Private Treatment that you have received, then please contact:

Dental Complaints Service
Stephenson House
2 Cherry Orchard Road

Telephone: 020 8253 0800

For the Ombudsman (NHS treatment only) write to:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Phone: 0345 051 4033