As a CAD/CAM Dental Technician for Devonshire House, you will maintain and improve patients’ oral health by fabricating prostheses according to dentist prescriptions.
Responsible to: Lab Manager and Team Leader of the Digital Department
Salary: Excellent salary £35,000-£38,000 depending on experience
Full time or part time will be considered (salary Pro Rata for part time)
CAD/CAM technician duties:
- Design everything from single crowns to full arch/all-on-x restorations to a high standard using 3Shape and/or Exocad
- Nest and mill using dry/wet milling machines
- 3D printing and post processing
- Assist with same day restorations at our off-site lab in Cambridge
- Assist with maintenance of machinery utilised by the Digital Department
- Utilize and conserve supplies and equipment by completing supplies inventories
- BTEC National Diploma in Dental Technology Level 3 (or equivalent)
- GDC registration/ability to gain GDC registration
- The ideal candidate has excellent written and spoken English.
- Implant knowledge
- Staining and glazing techniques
- CAM machinery maintenance
- Use of sintering furnaces
- Use of 3D printers
As a successful candidate you will be a good team player and eager to learn and adapt. You have a positive, professional attitude which allows you to build and develop relationships. You will be an expert at liaising with the dentists prior to constructing prostheses where any variation from the prescription is required.
You will have updated dental laboratory technician job knowledge and skills and be keen to participate in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
You will thrive from enhancing the dental laboratory reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
About Devonshire House
Devonshire House Dental Laboratory is a full-service lab working closely with dentists throughout the UK, particularly with our Dental Practice in Cambridge for which we provide several additional services. We are a positive team with genuine enthusiasm for dentistry. Our custom-built, state-of-the-art laboratory is based in Babraham, Cambridge.
- Free/reduced cost dental care after 12 months
- Annual CPD and GDC registration paid for
- Uniform provided
- Learning opportunities
- On-site parking