Devonshire House Dental Laboratory is a full-service lab working closely with dentists throughout the UK, and particularly with our Dental Practice in Cambridge for which we provide a number of additional services. We are a positive team with genuine enthusiasm for dentistry. Our custom built, state of the art laboratory is based in Babraham, Cambridge.
Maintain and improve patients’ oral health by fabricating prostheses according to dentist prescriptions.
Responsible to: Lab Manager and Team Leader of Digital Department
Salary: Excellent salary £35,000-£38,000 depending on experience. Plus, a range of benefits:
- Free/reduced cost dental care after 12 months
- Annual CPD and GDC registration paid for
- Uniform provided
- Learning opportunities
- On-site parking
CAD/CAM technician duties:
- Design everything from single crowns to full arch/all-on-x restorations to a high standard using 3Shape and/or Exocad
- Nest and mill using dry/wet milling machines
- 3D printing and post processing
- Assist with same day restorations at our off-site lab in Cambridge
- Assist with maintenance of machinery utilised by the Digital Department
- Utilize and conserve supplies and equipment by completing supplies inventories
- The ideal candidate has excellent written and spoken English.
- Implant knowledge
- Staining and glazing techniques
- CAM machinery maintenance
- Use of sintering furnaces
- Use of 3D printers
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a good team player, eager to learn and adapt.
- Have a positive attitude, be professional and kind.
- Liaise with the dentist prior to constructing prostheses where any variation from the prescription is required.
- Strive to improve work quality by studying, evaluating, and implementing changes.
- Update dental laboratory technician job knowledge and skills by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances dental laboratory reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- BTEC National Diploma in Dental Technology Level 3 (or equivalent)
- GDC registration/ability to gain GDC registration
Dental Laboratory Technician Skills:
Team Player, Customer Focus, Customer Service, Use of Dental Technology, Procedural Skills, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Attention to Detail, Job Knowledge, Tact and Diplomacy, Professional Approach to Tasks and Colleagues
This job description is a general guideline of your duties and is subject to regular review